Tuesday, July 29, 2008

That my faith may not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God

Hi friends, I hope I can explain this well but we are in the middle of a bureaucratic standoff between the US State Dept and US Consulate in China. The above scripture is getting me through and I am so thankful for that.

In a nutshell, we are approved by both the US governments and China of course to adopt our daughter. However, they are not able to legally finalize the adoptions until further guidance is given to the US Consulate from the US State Dept. on how to handle our paperwork. We are under the new Hague Convention protocol which was ratified by the US in April 2008 and are approved on counts. Our case is becoming quite urgent as our travel authorization from China (our permission to adopt Kristi Zi Han and travel to China to get her) expires on August 20. The US Consulate contacted us personally and has urged us to contact the US State Dept as well as our senators to urge them to resolve this issue as quickly as possible. I have contacted both Norm Coleman and Amy Klobuchar today. Please pray with us that this will be resolved quickly. I know God has it all under control and I am asking for his guidance daily on what part I need to play. Thanks so much.

2 comments:

Tara said...

I'm praying that you will get sweet little Kristi home very soon. Please keep us posted; I'm looking forward to following your journey in China very soon.

Tara (nanjing mom)

a Tonggu Momma said...

We'll be praying for y'all. These new guidelines are really confusing EVERYONE!

Time Line

February 2006 Began Paperwork for Kristi
Dossier to China (DTC): July 2006
Log In Date (LID) to China: September 14, 2006
Referral Date: February 12, 2008
Letter of Intent (LOI): February 22, 2008
Letter of Acceptance (LOA): May 1, 2008
Travel Authorization (TA): May 30, 2008
Consulate Appointment (CA):