Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Thank you and Continued Prayers for China

Thank you all for your inquiries regarding Kristi Zi Han and her safety. There are currently families from my Nanjing Kids Yahoo Group in Nanjing right now (they received their children on Sunday, Mother's Day-how perfect) and it appears that they are all safe. I will report more as I hear any updates. I imagine they felt it though. I am on a trip and I called Mom and she said the quake's center was about an inch and half :) from Nanjing on the globe and then Roger and he said about 12 hours away which was some relief but then I see all the devastation and it's so sad. The world becomes so much smaller and the people not so anonymous when someone you love is so close. Thanks so much for thinking of us.

4 comments:

Mommy to Samantha & Madison said...

OMG! I didn't realize Nanjing was that close. I'm glad to hear that all is well with Miss Kristi! We are praying that you bring her home very soon!

Love, Denise, Dale & Sammie

Emily, Dave, and Olive said...

Oh I am so glad that Kristi is safe! That is all I have been thinking about with all the news about the earthquake. I know you are on a trip and didn't want to bug you! See you soon!
Safe Travels,
Emily Igelman

Anonymous said...

Still thinking about you and your
family .
Take care .

Anonymous said...

Comfort in Suffering

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 4 who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God

Time Line

February 2006 Began Paperwork for Kristi
Dossier to China (DTC): July 2006
Log In Date (LID) to China: September 14, 2006
Referral Date: February 12, 2008
Letter of Intent (LOI): February 22, 2008
Letter of Acceptance (LOA): May 1, 2008
Travel Authorization (TA): May 30, 2008
Consulate Appointment (CA):